Tuesday, June 11, 2013

two years - mind blown

Today is my anniversary.  Two years.  I can't believe how fast it's flown.  I'm so thankful that I have found my person and have been lucky enough that I can spend the rest of my life with him.

It's been a bumpy road at times for the hubs and I and we have a long history full of suspense, mystery, sorrow and a happily ever after. So it's exactly the kind of story I like to tell. 



When we first met we were babies and in our 20's.  I was immediately smitten and he played it coy flirting shamelessly but never asking me out. We eventually found our way and dated for almost 2 years before i decided that I needed to see where my education could take me.  We broke up and parted ways never forgetting our love for each other and speaking on and off for 4 years.

Finally I came back to see him and neither of us could forget any longer the reasons why we decided to end things in the first place.  I left my job and moved back home and 8 months later we were engaged and then married 9 months after that! 





We got pregnant 2 weeks later and winded up with these adorable kids


I like to think that I'm one of the lucky ones.  Not just because I found someone but because I found the right someone.  The someone that challenges me and encourages me.  The one that loves me unconditionally and isn't afraid to tell me when I'm pushing a little too far.  I think what I love the most about our life is that we are able to find more reasons to love each other every day.  That we can be silly and serious, focused and mindless.  He knows me in and out - he can finish my thoughts before I can. 

He loves our kids.  Man that's sexy.  He loves to read them stories and hold their hands.  He teaches them things and encourages them. He cheers for them and he cries for them.  He is the best dad and husband a girl could ask for.

 So today I'm extra thankful because well it was the start of a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment